In 1853, Governor Sabiniano Manrique decreed that the


Attributed to a number of miracles and favors received among devotees, the Virgin was moved a number of times out of Antipolo to Manila, Cavite, and back to Manila in various circumstances.
It was made the patroness of the galleons and Spanish ships in the 17th century since their safe voyages were credited to the image.
The image was also credited for the withdrawal of the Dutch troops attacking Cavite in 1646.
In 1853, Governor Sabiniano Manrique decreed that the image of the Inmaculada Concepcion be also known as the Nuestra Señora de la Paz y Buen Viaje while in 1926 it was canonically crowned in a ceremony in Manila.
Housed at the Antipolo Cathedral, the image and its crown were saved from the American bombardment during World War II after it was evacuated by residents, led by the sacristan mayor Procopio “Mang Copio” Angeles to Sitio Colaique, then to Angono, Taytay, Cainta and Pasig, where representatives from the Manila archdiocese took the image, stored it at the Ocampo residence in Quiapo, and eventually in the Quiapo Church.
In 1945, it was returned to the Antipolo Church (then already in ruins) via an American amphibian tank decorated with flowers.